Become a Sponsor
Upper Cumberland Pride relies on generous donations from the public along with sponsorships from local organizations and businesses to produce our annual Pride Festival.
We welcome and invite you to be a part of the 2022 Upper Cumberland Pride Festival, the Upper Cumberland region’s premier Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer (LGBTQIA+) public Pride celebration. Pride is an annual commemoration of the anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising, and over half a century of LGBTQIA+ liberation.
What Makes Being a Pride Sponsor a Good Idea?
It’s simply a matter of economics and good business sense. The discretionary income of the LGBTQIA+ community is expanding yearly along with their open presence in the work, market, and government places. A recent study shows the gay population in the United States is roughly 18 million people and their buying power is more than $875 billion.
According to the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), more than 300,000 individuals consulted the HRC’s Buying for Equality guide and mobile app to ensure that their money was spent at fair-minded businesses.
- 47% of LGBTQIA+ consumers are more likely to consider purchasing from a company that has advertisements tailored to a gay audience.
- More than 70% of gay and lesbian consumers reported that they have switched products and or service providers because they learned that the company supported the gay community or had LGBTQIA+ friendly policies.
- 71% of LGBTQIA+ adults are likely to remain loyal to a brand they believe to be supportive of the gay community, even when less friendly companies may offer lower prices or be more convenient.
- 74% of LGBTQIA+ adults are likely to consider brands that support non-profits or causes that are important to them as an LGBTQIA+ person.
- 87% of LGBTQIA+ adults are likely to consider a brand that is known to provide equal workplace benefits for all employees.
Where do the funds go?
Sponsorship funds assist with the festival’s operating expenses which include but are not limited to:
- Advertising, marketing, and public relations
- Event security
- Sound equipment
- Park rental fees
Your sponsorship will allow us to meet these expenses as well as expand our community outreach focused on celebrating diversity and supporting local economic growth.